Careers - Vice President of Operations
Position Location: Portland, Oregon or remote
Salary: $87,000 minimum, based on experience
Reports to: Owners, Board
Hours: Full time, salaried, exempt / 40 hours a week
Level of Responsibility: Minimal supervision; role has multiple direct reports
Start date: Q1 2023
Ginew Inc. is seeking a motivated and relational Operations Officer with thorough knowledge of new business development to join our team. This position is responsible for overseeing all aspects of operations. The ideal candidate is a detail oriented, high performing operations professional with experience in US manufacturing with B2B and DTC sales.
In this role, you will develop and implement strategies that promote company culture and vision, while keeping operations on track. You’ll be the expert, bringing knowledge of best practices and specialized knowledge of operations for an American Indian-owned company.
● Operations: Analyze internal operations, identify and implement opportunities for process enhancements to align with goals. Contribute to goal setting.
● Leadership: work closely with the Founders and Owners of the company to maintain the company culture and vision while growing the company in a sustainable manor.
● Human Resources: Processes and implementation for a growing team for hiring, onboarding, contracts, benefits, payroll, termination, offboarding
● Production Management: Lead the development and production team, and assist with inventory sourcing.
Manage relationships with partners and vendors.
● Product Development: Assist with sourcing, ordering, and contracts for product development for men’s and women’s collections and special collaborations.
● Inventory: Lead the warehouse team and develop and implement processes as needed for producing, tracking, and maintaining appropriate amounts of inventory of raw materials, finished goods, and packaging.
● Marketing Strategy: Assist with strategy for sales as needed, especially as it relates to production, operations, capacity, and customer experience.
● Analytics and Research: Perform analysis on the company overall, facilitate research projects as needed.
● Fiscal Responsibility: Assist the financial team with developing and maintaining budgets for the organization overall
● Sales Strategy: contribute to overall sales strategy, both national and international, as it relates to operations and capacity, especially with potential for B2B sales and potential opportunities for American Indian and Female owned companies
● Events: Attend events as needed, especially in lieu of Founder availability
● Travel: 15-40% travel requirement
● Performs other duties as assigned
● 5+ years of Operations experience, including team management
● Experience in the apparel industry, including cut and sew
● Ability to work with remote team
● Knowledge of word processing, statistical software and presentation programs (Google Workspace)
● Working knowledge of ESP software and site management software
● Strong relational leadership skills
● Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
● Self-starter, strong work ethic and ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
● Comfortable working in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
● Comfortable interfacing with people from multiple cultures and backgrounds
● Experience working with American Indian and Alaskan Native artists, designers, and Tribes/Tribal Organizations
● Knowledge of the American Indian and Alaska Native communities
● B2B and B2C marketing knowledge
● Knowledge of Google Drive, Shopify, Candid, Quickbooks Online, ADP, Mailchimp
Bachelor degree from four-year college or university, or an Associate degree in the field of operations, management plus related field and/or relevant experience.
Benefits for C Level employees
● Health Insurance: QSEHRA, IRS Annual maximum for single, or family
● Reimbursement for home office costs for remote employees, as needed up to $3,000 per year
● PTO, 15 days per year for the first 3 years of employment
● Ceremony leave days, 10 days per year
● Potential for employee stock options pending company growth milestones
Submit resume and cover letter in .pdf format to email@example.com