The Thunderbird Jacket features custom stitching under the hunted deerskin collar which echos the symbolism of the Ginew® “WE WALK TOGETHER” wool blanket. Each left cuff has a hidden Thunderbird chain-stitched by our pals at Ft Lonesome in Austin, TX. Over time the Thunderbird will be etched into the cuff - as the jacket fades with the seasons - to face the West and the seasons of change which occur along your journey.
- 13.75 oz White Oak® selvedge denim (Greensboro, NC)
- Hunted deer-skin rough-out collar (WI, USA)
- Custom under-collar Ginew® embroidery (USA)
- Classic Western silhouette with modern fit
- Custom Ginew® hardware (USA)
- Thunderbird chain stitch (Ft LONESOME, TEX)
- All components made in USA
- Manufactured in Los Angeles, California
The Thunderbird Jacket encompasses the emotions of an eleven-day road trip in our 1971 F250...from our ancestral homelands of the Great Lakes to the Pacific Northwest. Through the boreal forests along Lake Superior, across the plains and badlands of Dakota & Cheyenne lands, to the high desert and ultimately the temperate rainforest of the Pacific...each morning, day, and night an act of intention and, in many ways a prayer. Crisp sunrises, afternoon thunderstorms, still sunsets, and brilliantly starry nights were our muse as we bore witness to the change of seasons. Woven into each fabric of this coat is the intention, observation, and emotion of this experience.